South Mall is the traditional business district of Cork and is steeped in history. It is the main centre of banking, insurance and professional services firms for the entire southern region of Ireland for the past two centuries and has proven so popular because of its proximity to all city centre amenities. In more recent times it has become highly desirable by technology companies such as Cylance and Eventbrite who recognised the importance of choosing a prime location to attract and retain the very best staff.
85 South Mall’s central location gives the occupier the benefit of a whole host of restaurants and bars within a few minutes walking distance.
Cork confidently lays claim to being Ireland’s Food Capital. With its artisan food and drink producers spread throughout the City, Cork offers the very best when it comes to gastronomic experiences. Whether its Chateaubriand or the best homemade burger, lobster thermador or battered cod and chips, Cork offers a host of eating experiences for every palate. Adjacent to the building lies Crane Lane Theatre, a unique three style venue featuring one of the most favoured beer gardens in Cork City centre and just a few minutes walk from The Oliver Plunkett which is a popular traditional late bar/restaurant.
Market Lane and Orso who are currently two of the top five restaurants voted on TripAdvisor are less than 200m walk. Cork's English Market, the backbone of Cork's history since the 1700's, one of the oldest markets of its kind which houses the famous ‘Farmgate’ restaurant is just 5 minutes walk west.
85 South Mall is suitably located close to the retail hub of Cork City with St Patricks Street, Oliver Plunkett Street and Grand Parade only minutes away.
Located one block from Oliver Plunkett Street, this quaint street was awarded “The Great Street Award 2016” in both Ireland and the UK. Geoff Haslam, lead assessor for the Academy of Urbanism said: “It’s fair to say that we have been overwhelmed by Oliver Plunkett Street today…It offers everything that we are looking for in a Great Street, and more. It provides a great mix of smaller independent retailers selling everything from artisan food to high end jewellery.
St Patrick Street which is Cork City’s main retail thoroughfare is just two blocks from 85 South Mall and has twice won Ireland's Best Shopping Street. A vibrant and impressive retail district, St Patrick Street contains all the big name retail stores such as River Island, Penneys, Top Shop, Next and H&M, Lifestyle Sports as well as high end retailer Brown Thomas which is less then 3 minutes walk from 85 South Mall.
• Oliver Plunkett Street – 1 minute
• St Patrick Street – 3 minutes
• Opera Lane – 5 minutes
• Grand Parade – 5 minutes
85 South Mall is centrally located and provides an array of connectivity to cater for a new generation of talent that prefers short commutes and transport flexibility.
• Immediately outside 85 South Mall serving all the major suburban routes
• The main Cork bus terminal is located just 4 minutes walk to the east of 85 South Mall
• Park & Ride bus stop on Lapps Quay (2 minute walk) serving city centre every 15 minutes off-peak and every 10 minutes at peak hours
• The South Mall taxi rank at the Imperial is 100 yards to the west from 85 South Mall
• 10 minute walk from 85 South Mall to Kent Station, located on the Lower Glanmire Road, serving Dublin Heuston, Mallow, Fota, Glounthoune, Midleton and Cobh
• Cork Coca Cola bike scheme has over 31 stations across the City Centre with a total of 330 bikes
• Three stations in the immediate vicinity of 85 South Mall
• 10 minute drive to Cork Airport with 37 UK and European scheduled destinations plus Summer and Winter Charters
• Direct flights to International Hub Airports London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Amsterdam, Paris and Munich
• 8 flights daily to London (Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted)