Designed by award winning architects Henry J Lyons, the building comprises of over 46,500sq ft of next generation office space and offers extremely efficient and flexible floor plates of up to 11,000sq ft with an abundance of natural light provided by floor to ceiling glazing.
The building also features south facing terraces on the 3rd and 4th floor overlooking the South Mall and east towards the River Lee and City Hall.
The external building finishes comprises of Branco Real natural stone, energy efficient curtain wall glazing incorporating decorative external bronze fins and powder coated metal panelling. This mix of materials ensures that the building will be timeless and retain the intended architectural look for many years into the future.
The buildings main visitor reception area comprises the entire ground floor frontage of over 2,300 sq ft onto the South Mall. There will be access control barriers, a business hours concierge to greet visitors and will be finished with a thoughtful mix of walnut panelling, natural stone floor finishes and striking artistic features.
There is also a single level basement with 22 car parking spaces with direct lift access to the upper floors. Provision is also made for separate male and female changing areas, drying room and showers.
85 South Mall is designed and will be built to achieve Gold LEED Accreditation.
“LEED” (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the US Green Building Council’s building rating certification program that recognizes best-in- class Green building strategies and practices.
Key sustainable features of 85 South Mall include:
• Rainwater harvesting and treatment
• Highly efficient renewable heat pump technology
• Solar reflective energy efficient glazing
• Solar thermal collectors
• Passive solar gain
• Intelligent BMS controls ensuring efficiency energy usage
• Use of recycled materials where possible
• Durable internal finishes to ensure longevity of life
• Internal waste storage and segregation area
• Intelligent LED lighting systems with PIR and lux level sensors
These design features will result in savings of up to 36% in building operating costs in comparison to non-gold LEED certified buildings.
• Ground floor reception area with large entrance lobby and architecturally chosen finishes
• Walnut panelling and fins incorporated into the reception and lift lobby at ground floor level
• Branded Corian reception desk
• Branco Real natural stone finish to the entrance
• High quality ladies and gents toilet facilities on each floor
• Separate male and female shower facilities and changing rooms at basement level
• 22 car parking spaces, 3 motorcycle parking spaces and 37 bicycle spaces all within the secure basement car park accessed by 2no car lifts
• LED strip lighting throughout the common areas
• The building has been designed with a 10.5m x 8.5m structural grid, providing maximum end user flexibility
• 2x high quality destination control passenger lifts
• 3x access control security barriers in reception
• Landlord area backup generator
• Raised access floors
• Suspended ceiling tile finish
• High quality carpet tile finish
• Low energy LED light fittings throughout the office areas
• Plastered and painted walls
• 2 pipe fan coil air conditioning system throughout
• Excellent floor to ceiling height of 2.8m
• Feature ceiling in reception areas
• Stone finishes to lift cores
• Floor to ceiling glazing on each aspect
• Dedicated south facing terraces with views onto South Mall located on the 3rd and 4th and floors with wrap around terrace on the 4th floor
• Designed to accommodate an occupancy ratio of 1:8sq m